Next are the eggs you will need whole eggs and a yolk. Now I love a good kitchen gadget and this is one of my favorites. The Pampered Chef egg separator. It is so much easier than trying to go shell to shell and hoping not to get shell in your bowl. It also has a notch that allowed you to hook it on the side of a bowl or measuring cup making it hands free.
Mix in the mild and vanilla with your eggs then you mix all the dry and wet ingredients together. Now I know a lot of people are going to gasp but I use store bought pie crust. Hey don’t judge. I used the Marie Callenders pie crust, you just poke it with a fork and put in the oven to pre-bake for about 10 minutes. See Pretty flakey!
Now fill your crust and put it in the oven for about 40-50 minutes on 400 degrees.
When you pull it out of the oven it will be puffy like this
Then it will fall into place and look like this. You will want to let it sit for at least an hour before you cut it and serve so it can set. I prefer mine cold so I put it in the fridge but room temp is good as well.
You will not want to serve big slices of this because it is very rich but it is oh so good!
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon masa
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Starbucks Via (flavor of your choice)
- 3 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- ¼ cup milk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pie Crust of your choice homemade or store bought
Latest posts by Kelley Wilson (see all)
- Sambal Glazed Salmon with Wasabi Mashed Potatoes - March 11, 2014
- Favorite Kitchen Gadgets – This weeks great deals and steals! - March 9, 2014
- Brown Sugar Coconut Oil Scrub - March 6, 2014