Here is a great Biography of the Oscars with some interesting facts!
I have always wanted to have an Oscars Party but it is always a Sunday Night so there is school and work the next day. Most of my friends would have to leave to put kiddos to bed. Sooooo I have decided to have a Virtual Party for all the ideas I would do if I actually had one.
First HERE is a great link to a Ballot for this year I would have everyone fill it out and there would be prizes for the person who got the most right and for the most wrong. Of Course the winner would get there own little statue, if you don’t have time to order one a ken doll and some gold spray paint would do
- The Help – This is really a no brainer Chocolate Chess Pie folks, I will just never look at that pie the same way again! Fried Chicken with biscuits with butter and honey, and being from Ga. Coke a Cola in the glass bottles! Because Cocktails are a must here are recipes for actual cocktails made at the screening party for The Help, all named and based on their characters:
- Money Ball with Brad Pitt, any kind of ball park food would be great, Pretzels, Peanuts, Hotdogs, Cotton Candy and of course BEER….hmmmm….Beer!
- The Descendants would be great with Hawaiian Food, BBQ Pork, Hawaiian Chicken, Fruit Kabobs with yogurt dipping sauce, Pina Coladas, a Blue Hawaiian Cocktail,
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close – Any Kind of New Your Deli Food, Pizza, Hot Dogs, New York Cheese Cake, Bagel Chips with Hummus, Fig Newtons (to understand this you have to see the movie)
- The Iron Lady – Flat Iron Steak put on rolls or tortillas, Fish and Chips, English Stout
- Hugo – French Fries, Crescent Rolls, Milk, mini quiches, French Cheese Plate, or any French Food
- Bridesmaids - Brazilian Food, Just watch this clip, I laughed so hard, it’s priceless
So for now I’ll leave ya’ll with the Chocolate Chess Pie I make at the holidays:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked 9″ pastry shell
Linked On Six Sisters Stuff, Tatertots and Jello, I Heart Nap Time, Flamingo Toes, Nifty Thrifty Things, Homemaker in Heels, Country Momma Cooks, Sassy Sites, I Should be Mopping the Floor, Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons, Tip Junkie, Mandys Recipe Box, Reasons to skip the Housework, Not Just a Housewife
© YOUR COPYRIGHT YEAR(S) Miss Information. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Latest posts by Kelley Wilson (see all)
- Favorite Kitchen Gadgets – This weeks great deals and steals! - March 9, 2014
- Brown Sugar Coconut Oil Scrub - March 6, 2014
- Slow Cooker Giveaway and My Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes - March 4, 2014