On this week’s I Freakin’ Did it Friday link party one of my favorite links was this one from Chatting Over Chocolate. I could not wait to try it. But well you know me I had to switch it up a bit. My friend Shannon introduced me to Whole Foods bacon and onion Quiche when we visited her in Alabama. We were hooked!
I love Quiche and growing up I was stick thin. I could eat anything I wanted and did! When I was in my mid twenties I started putting on weight due to some medications I was taking. I asked my roommate Pam to take me grocery shopping and show me how to read labels.
We headed to our local store and in the deli section I picked up a Quiche thinking well its eggs, must be healthy. I held it up and asked how about this? She looked at me like I was a complete idiot……well I was. Once she quit laughing she explained that crust, cheese and bacon or sausage are not diet foods. I had a lot to learn.
I decided to adapt this recipe to our favorite flavors. This was so satisfying I didn’t even miss the thick pie crust and the Bisquick totally gives the taste you might think you would be missing with the crust. It’s perfect for any time of day. In the morning with fruit or for dinner with a salad. I hope you enjoy it!
Bacon, Onion and Cheddar Quiche but you can add any veggies or meat you want to
- 12 slices of Bacon (I like my bacon people)
- 1 Cup of Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup of diced onion
- 1 cups milk
- ¾ cup of Heart Smart Bisquick
- 4 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray your dish with cooking spray. I used a 1.25 qt dish, you can also use a 9x9 or a pie plate.
- I cooked my bacon, let it drain on paper towels then crumbled it.
- Then throw the onions into the bacon grease to saute them till soft and got them out with a slotted spoon.
- Put your onion, cheese and crumbled bacon into the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Mix together in a separate bowl the milk, eggs, and Bisquick.
- Pour over you goodies in the casserole dish.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes till eggs are cooked through.
Serving size: 6 Calories: 298 Fat: 19g Saturated fat: 8g Unsaturated fat: 9g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 13g Sugar: 5g Sodium: 759mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 18g Cholesterol: 165mg
© 2013 Miss Information. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
The following two tabs change content below.
I'm a mom of 3 boys, 2 by birth one by marriage. I love to cook, watch chick flicks, read and drink wine. I hate cleaning up my craft messes, doing laundry and the dishes! I love watching my boys grow and change and see how differently they view the world. Join me on the blog where I try to provide you with recipes and tips to make your life easier!